Sunday, October 6, 2013

Onderland!

I have been of course neglecting my blog.  Two Sundays ago I hit the under 200 lb mark called onderland.  It's still very hard to imagine I am now thinner than I was the day I got out of the army. If I could find my last uniform I am pretty sure it would fit! I am actually at 192 lbs as of today!

I also went to my 6 month check up recently. Surgeon was very happy with my progress!  The program wants you to be at 50% of your excess weight loss, I was 62%! My vitamin levels were great!


A first for me, I actually went on a couple of dates. They were both pretty good. One I will not be seeing again, since he does have a scary female roommate lol.  The other one was pretty cool.  We laughed a lot and I could see a friendship happening.

Today I completed my first 5k race. It was a charity race for one of my favorite local charities, Heroes 4 Hunger. And with a name like that, you know me and my best friend had to show up in super hero garb! I decided on wonder woman since I did hit onderland! She was an awesome pink and black super girl! We were not fast, but we were not slow and did not come in last!!!  We walked most of it, but did pick up our feet at the beginning, middle and end!  We clocked in at 48 minutes and 29 seconds.  That is now our baseline and we will continue to better it!  I am a very lucky person to have her as my friend and workout partner.



Another awesome thing, I had decided to take this semester and probably next semester off from school.  I have had 3 job interviews and received 2 job offers. I will more than likely hear about the 3rd next week soon.

Life just keeps getting better and better. And the most important thing is I have become confident and will continue being confident. I am an awesome person!

No comments: