Monday, March 25, 2013

Day #6 Post Surgery

I have not updated my blog since surgery.  I am awful at updating this thing I swear.  I need to go through facebook and post a bunch of my statuses since then.  I have been pretty much out of it since surgery.

Surgery went well.  I went in about 9:30 and woke up probably about 3 or 3:30.  Yet again I had a rough time getting incubated, gotta love my small mouth and throat sigh.  I also had rough time waking up, I am such a bitch waking up from anathesia!  Pain wise I was pretty high, maintained about a 7 on a pain scale.  I was up and walking, I did it most of the night so I wouldn't have the gas pains.  Thank goodness the gas pains never were an issue.

My hospital stay wasn't the most pleasant.  I had a roommate that had dimentia and wow she had a rough time being there too.


I came home my 2nd day from surgery, March 21.  I was so happy!  Hydrocodone has been keeping my pain levels pretty good.  I am keeping up with getting up and moving.  I have done a few trips to Hannaford to get my walking in.  Today though I think I did too much and my body hurts.  Also one of my incisions look pretty angry.  I am going to keep an eye on it.

Food wise, I have been eating a bunch of yogurt, popsicles and a few shakes.  I am not getting all of my liquid in that I should, but I keep trying to sip sip sip.



March 19th (surgery date)  316

March 25 311

No comments: